Friday, December 14, 2007

Found II

I got a call from my mom yesterday and she kindly informed me that she reads my blog, "Hi, Mom! Thanks! Tell others at church if they ask about me!" :)

She said she remembered reading my first lost and found post and was excited that I found my sugar bowl...we unpacked everything in the kitchen in anticipation of finding it and never did! She also said that she was down in the basement at her house the other day (where we used to live) and was looking through some boxes of jars and other things that we had stored down there and found a box that I had forgotten...it had some keepsakes from my grandma in it and....(drum roll, please)....there were my salt and pepper shakers! I was having a bad day and she knew it would make me smile.

Thanks Mom! It did. :)

Becca! I didn't know my last lost and found post title was a quote! I've never read Sense and Sensibility. I g00gled it and found various different versions of it used in different places but none of them poetry quotes. It is very close to Amazing Grace, "I once was lost but now I'm found...", maybe that's what you were thinking of? :) Anyway...I didn't want you to think I was trying to steal someone else's words! :) Thanks for pointing it out though! :) I also had to laugh at your reference to your proof reading...I am horrible for that too! And to think what we went to MTU for! LOL I usually have to go back and fix my posts after I have posted them only to have my wonderful husband point out to me that I made some other mistake! LOL I guess that's what happens after you've been away from the books for a while - although I don't usually have a very hard time seeing other peoples mistakes - it's just my own that I overlook...isn't that how we usually see things even in life?...huh...

Well, now I'm rambling...I'm off to administer math and spelling tests today! :)

2 Comments For Risa:

Jamie said...

Hi Linda!

So glad she found those salt and pepper shakers.

We've had the slowest week of school. I'm just not motivated at all!

Anonymous said...

Risa - I found the quote....it's from the film version of S&S...not the book and I have no idea who wrote the poem or anything like that but the quote is:

'For there is nothing lost, but may be found, if sought'

So a bit different but same idea perhaps? =)