Thursday, December 20, 2007

Moo Part III

Some of you may remember my Moo post from when we first moved here...how lovely it was to have cows mooing in my back yard instead of sirins blairing and horns honking. Well, I may have been mistaken. It seems now, about once a week or so, I get wakened in the middle of the night by the sound of moo. I've never actually gone out to hear it outdoors...who wants to go out in the middle of the night in their PJ's in the middle of the night to investigate a abnormally loud "moo"? Sometimes it's so hight pitched I think it's one of the kids crying that woke me up and then I sit there and listen just to realize that it's only our friendly neighborhood stock yard. So I sit there and listen, just trying to block it out and not to imagine what all the racket could possibly be all about....

And that smell that I talked about not being so bad? Well, it's worse now that it's winter...one would think that with the frozen p00 it wouldn't be so bad but one forgets that occasionally here in the frozen white northern prairie, the temp. gets above freezing and that frozen p00 turns a rather pungent stench that can be smelled for miles...or blocks in our case.

Oh yes, I think I have changed my mind about my "Moo".

2 Comments For Risa:

Emily said...

Just think how it was for me having to live on a dairy farm! I think winter was worse for the smell on our farm too...but summer was also really bad!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Ok, you are making me rethink our plans to moo-ve out to the country! We'd be smack dab in the middle of a cow pasture... hmmmm.....