Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Summer Blog Album Part I

Jozie turned 7 in April and got her first digital camera (a $20 cheapie! Hardly worth the money!) and this is one of her first pictures - Luke in a store when we took our mini vacation to Michigan City, IN - she wouldn't put the thing down and had the memory filled with over 60 pictures in like 15 minutes!




We went to see the Power Team at a local church (HUGE church) and Luke was mesmermized! This is Big Russ - Lukes favorite guy - the first two pictures are pretty self explanitory, those are cement blocks. The third picture is Big Russ blowing up a hot water bottle. This was the last frame just before it exploded! They were pretty impressive and I would HIGHLY reccomend anybody going to see them. Boys LOVE them and they have a very awesome and powerful testimony. Luke got his picture taken with them too, but I think that Kristin has those because we used her camera that night (we went 2 nights because Bob couldn't come with us the first night) - I will post them in my Blog Album Part II. Luke also got a 2 inch thick steel rod that Big Russ bent with his teeth then over the top of his head. The whole team signed it and one guy told him to practice with it and when he could bend it back to give them a call and they would put him on the Team. He was pretty excited about it and still gets that thing out about once a week to "practice" with and shows everyone new who comes to the house how good he's getting!
On a different note, Jozie HATED it! All the fire, noise, loud music, and sweat just wasn't for her girlie girl ways, she SLEPT through the last quarter the first night then stayed home with Amma the second night! What a girl! :) LOL

Congratulations Levi and Jaclyn!!!
My little brother got married on July 15th in West Virginia. We packed up - all 7 of us - in a rented 16 passanger van, and drove out to see it. It was a beautiful wedding! She made all the dress, including her own and she had wildflowers for all her arrangements. Jaclyn is perfect for Levi and if you know Levi, you know it would take a very special girl to be his wife! :) John, his now brother-in-law, was his best man with Josh E and Brian (from MD, not the one from CA, formerly of MI) as his other 2 guys (I foget what they are called right now!). We got to see family from MI who we haven't seen in quite some time, including my dad, and some friends from when we were kids were there too (Dave and Julie S and also Bethany and Josh w/Isaac, who Jozie and Luke adored!). I was going to post more pictures but it is in a HUGE file with a TON of pictures and it's late and for some odd reason the wrong pictures keep uploading so I guess I will stop with the wedding pics before I get too mad at this dumb thing and break it. If I get time in a couple of days I will post more if...

Ok, so it's doing it to everything now...I guess this will be the end of my post but there is more to come....so stay tuned!

5 Comments For Risa:

Amie said...

Those power guys were here last year, but we never got to see them. Melissa's kids also got a bar they bent and signed.

Congrats to Levi! He and his wife make a great looking couple. Although, i'm a bit confused about the shotgun...

Jamie said...

We saw the Power Team back in North Dakota. They were pretty cool to see!

I was so bummed we couldn't make it to the wedding. My mom emailed me some pictures. Looks beautiful. They make the cutest couple. Jaclyn is just perfect for Levi from when I met her.

Hope you share some more pictures!

Jodie said...

Your stories about Jozie are too funny!

I'm also really happy for your bro. I'm still scooping my jaw off the floor - Jaclyn made all of the dresses?! Amazing!!!

Risa said...

Okay, so I forgot to explain the shotgun...as you can see, levi has a revolver in his hand. This is a hobbie that they share and had almost a double set of pictures taken all with various firearms. There is also some of just Levi and then him and all his groomsmen and the dads. They are really pretty cool pictures and it was a definate first for both the photographer and the church! :)

Amie said...

ahhh...I see! LOL, gives a new meaning to "shotgun" wedding :D